14.8.13

Sylver Monatua le atua Hannemann

9 months

6 pounds 12 ounces :: 19 1/2 inches :: S.M.H.

currently 7 months


My sweet sylver was born on December 28th 2012 at 9:30am. he was 6 pounds 12 ounces at 19 1/2 inches. i had sylver two weeks early because i had no more fluid in my stomach. we are still not sure what exactly happened, but basically my water broke without me knowing. so on December 27th i went in for a checkup with my doctor and unfortunately i told seek not to come because i told him it was just going to be a quick appointment. what many dont realize is the hospital is one hour away from the north shore and that is with no traffic. so i went to my appointment and my doctor looked at the ultrasound and said, "okay looks like were going to have this baby today. you better call your husband and tell him to get down here." of course  i didnt beleive him until about 5 nurses came in saying congratulations and how excited they were to see our baby boy. it then hit me that i wasnt having my baby in two weeks but in about 2 hours. i cant say if i was more excited or nervous, but it was definitely an excitement I've  never felt. seek finally got to the hospital and was completely shocked we were about to have our first baby. it was almost the same face when i told him i was pregnant. after seek and i hangout for about an hour they gave me pitocin and i immediately started to feel the contractions coming on strong. all momma's will know what I'm talking about but its a feeling i can't even describe. it came on so strong and fast i think my brain went numb to how awful the pain was. seek and his mom were massaging my feet and i literally remember feeling like i was the only person in the room. my body was in so much pain i couldn't focus on anything. i soon got dilated to a 3 within about 2 hours and couldn't take the pain anymore. they then gave me the epidural. i didn't feel the needle at all which was my  biggest fear of the whole labor process. right after i got the epidural i past out and fell asleep for a couple hours. when i woke up the nurse came in to checked me and told me it was time to push. i pushed for 40 minutes and sylver was born. it was the most incredible experience of my life. seek did such a good job being by my side and calming me down the whole time. my mom is a doula and was going to help me throughout my whole labor. unfortunately she was 1 hour late  and missed everything. if only sylver would have come on time she would have been there to do all her cool tricks on me to keep me nice and calm. but it all ended up working out and i had a great birthing experience. sylver is so squishy and yummy today and is growing rapidly. i can't get enough of him. i highly recommend being a mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment